[c-nsp] DS3 cabling question

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Thu Apr 21 10:56:34 EDT 2005

Jerimiah Cole wrote:
> Rik Koenig wrote:
>
>>The first part of all this is getting cable. I'm pretty new to DS3 and would
>>like some assistance. I have seen some companies call for a run of 734/735
>>cable, and I've seen used runs of RG179. Is there any difference between the
>>types of cables for this application?
>

> Any properly terminated 75 ohm cable should work.

I have a 7200VXR with a M1T-T3+ port adapter that came with coax-to-RJ45
baluns, part number is CAB-ADPT-75-120 0335 U/M for both ends.  Needed
to hang a 50m roll of Cat5 between them before the attenuation/noise
settled down (initial thought of a short Cat6 did NOT work well at all).
If you don't have much ground to cover it should work for you.

Jeff