[c-nsp] Discussion with 6500/7600 Sup Modules

Robert Hayden rhayden at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 21 14:22:11 EDT 2005

We struggled with this on the campus and decided to put 3BXLs in every
location with 6500s (about 34 or so) in order to keep things consistent.
   In that process, we also moved the routed interface for customers
farther out on the network to the appropriate 6500 aggregator pair,
while at the same time doing significat (and ongoing) work to limit and
eliminate "cross-campus" VLANs that touch multiple locations.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend 720s everywhere,

It will also allow you to use the 67xx line of cards for 10GB and
10/100/1000 full-rate cards.

Robert Hayden
University of Wisconsin