[c-nsp] MPLS tunnel failover without fast reroute.

bageshri kundu bageshrikundu at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 16:36:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a network with 2 Cisco 2691 routers as PEs & a Cisco GSR as P router. I would like to setup 2 MPLS tunnels over 2 ethernet links through the Cisco GSR. If I do not setup Fast reroute on the 2 links, when I start sending data over one tunnel (over 1st link), & that link goes down, will the data go over the backup tunnel (over the 2nd link) automatically? Or do I have to configure Fast reroute on the routers for this to work?

Thanks,
Bageshri