[c-nsp] 6509/Sup720/Hybrid/Native Question

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Fri Apr 22 03:37:52 EDT 2005

lists at hojmark.org (lists at hojmark.org) wrote:

> I guess, if enough customers tell Cisco they'll have to keep
> fixing SXD, they will. Actually, as far as I understand, SXD3
> was meant to be the last SXD, but then I guess they found too
> many errors and had too far to go for the SXE release.

Well, the real point to the problem with SXE is that it doesn't
fit to the internal flash memory anymore. This makes the boot
process very slow. On my 720s, it needs almost two minutes
for loading from the flash card and unzipping...

Elmar.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 at ID-31.news.uni-berlin.de>)