[c-nsp] 7513 with RSP4 IOS recomendation?

Jeff Chan cisco-nsp at jeffchan.com
Fri Apr 22 07:19:43 EDT 2005

We have a production 7513 with RSP4 256 Meg, PA-MC-2T3+, PA-FE-TX
and some older CX bus cards (FSIP and HIP) that we are currently
running 12.2(14)S3 on.  We're running e and iBGP, Fast EtherChannel
to a 5500, netflow on major interfaces, all pretty basic stuff.
We might like to be able to run MLPPP on some of the CT3
channels, but only if it's very stable, etc.

We'd like to change to an IOS that does not have the MC
counter bug.  What are some relatively safe versions to try?

We've grabbed 12.2(25)S1 and S3 .  Is anyone using them
successfully in a similar environment (and without the
counter bug)?   Are there better alternatives?

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:cisco-nsp at jeffchan.com