[c-nsp] Main differences between 7206 & 7206VXR

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Mon Apr 25 18:07:40 EDT 2005

At 12:02 PM 4/25/2005, you wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 12:35:51PM -0300, Lucas Iglesias wrote:
> > We are about to buy a used 7206 (at a very cheap prize), but my experience
> > with them is limited to the VXR series.
>
> > 2- Does them support the same Image?
>
>No.  The non-VXR boxes won't boot anything later than 12.2T.  If you don't
>need anything later than that, they will serve you well.

I've never heard that. We run 12.3 on a couple of our 7200 non-VXR boxes.
Same images. They are great for edge boxes. You are limited to the
unobtainable NPE-225 if you want 256MB of RAM and you can never have more
than that since the NPE-400/G1 are not supported in the non VXR chassis.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin