[c-nsp] IP RACL or CPP?

Jose the_father at allstream.net
Tue Apr 26 10:17:39 EDT 2005

I'm trying to decide whether to implement IP RACLs or Control Plane
Policing on our 7500s and I can't decide which is better.  We're
currently running 12.0(27)S4 and we're being asked to implement some
form of security for the router itself.  IP RACLs would cover this right
now but there's the chance that we may upgrade the routers later this
year to a version that supports CPP and I'd rather not kill myself
trying to come up with an ACL that would be so complicated.  Should we
just go ahead and use RACLs or wait until CPP is supported?  Is one
better than the other?  Are there major differences?

Thanks for any tips.

Jose