[c-nsp] Multilink PPP throughput instable

tony kam chiwaikam at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:04:40 EDT 2005

We did the test and the pair of servers were able to flood the individual E1
link up to port speed very stable with upload and download ftp at the same
time. Once both E1 links were bonded together by MLPPP, there was throughput
variation from 3.2 to 3.9Mbps with the same ftp upload and download at the
same time.

Please note that hardware load-balancing like IMUX or IMA, without such
problem.  This is the reason why I suspect MLPPP, a software-based load
balancing, cause the problem.

If possible, I would like to hear comments from Cisco folks as well.

Thanks.