[c-nsp] point to point dedicated t1 rtt ping times

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Apr 26 14:52:34 EDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Eric Kagan wrote:

> Sorry, I typed this email too quickly without giving more detail.  It is a
> new circuit and there is no traffic passing across it.  The ping times are
> from the router - router.

Sounds like the carrier needs to answer some questions about how this
circuit is provisioned.  60ms sounds a little high, but it all depends on
the physical route and the number of cross-connects between the ends.

If you haven't formally accepted the circuit yet, don't, until you at
least see a DLR or a reasonable equivalent from them.

jms