[c-nsp] Re-thinking (remembering) how a switch operates

Tim Bulger timb at phreakocious.net
Thu Apr 28 01:15:29 EDT 2005

This does also depend on your layer 2 architecture, though.  ARP replies are
not broadcasts, so it is possible for the replies to not be seen by some
switches in a VLAN, resulting in traffic for that MAC being forwarded to all
ports.  Typically this occurs when the layer 3 send and return paths for
that IP address are through different routers.

-Tim