[c-nsp] Router Options

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Thu Apr 28 13:36:40 EDT 2005

We have a 7513 that we're probably going to replace next year and I was
originally thinking of using two 7206VXRs to do it. However, I'm curious
to find out what you guys would do given the same requirements.

I need to terminate two DS3s and an ATM T1 (DSL), and I'd need a couple
of Fast Ethernet interfaces. There is a Channel Interface Processor on
the 7513 but it's going to go away eventually and I'm not thinking of
using Channel Port Adapters.

With those connections, would a 7204VXR still be the best choice or
should I take a look at some of Cisco's newer routers, like perhaps the
3800 series?

Thanks,
John