[c-nsp] SFP Cables

Ivan Walker cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Thu Apr 28 22:32:33 EDT 2005

The documetation for the 3650 refers to a "CISCO CATALYST
3560 SFP INTERCONNECT CABLE"

"The Cisco Catalyst 3560 SFP Interconnect Cable (see
Figure 2) provides for a low-cost point-to-point Gigabit
Ethernet connection between Catalyst 3560 switches. The
50cm cable is an alternative to using SFP transceivers
when interconnecting Catalyst 3560 switches through their
SFP ports over a short distance."
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_data_sheet09186a00801f3d7d.html)

Does anyone know if this cable can be used with 3750 and
2970 models.  I have unable to find any mention of this
cable in the respective doco.  Also if anyone has had any
experience, godo or bad) with this cable (CAB-SFP-50CM=) I
would be interested to hear about it.

Cheers

Ivan