[c-nsp] Changes in defaults...

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Apr 29 22:09:06 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 05:07:04PM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:02:23PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 02:11:03PM +0000, Marko Milivojevic wrote:
> > > 	- Synchronize Feature Navigator, Release Notes and contens of the CCO
> > > FTP directories at the same time.
> >
> > If we're at that: "make sure all bugs that are not explicitely marked
> > confidential are user visible by default".

	well, there are two tings here:

	1) if $$IGNORE is in the release note, it won't
get shipped to the 'CCO' side in the daily database sync from
qddts -> CCO

	2) if it ends up in sys-wish, or is improperly filed as
found in internal vs customer-use it won't go to the CCO side.

> > I run into "this bug is not visible" far too often recently - just today
> > I had something that was "marked as duplicate of ..." and *that* one
> > was *not* visible.  Ah, CSCee05681 (visible), but no fixed-in, because
> > it's a duplicate of CSCsa91863 - which is not visible.  Very helpful, this.
>
> Submit the feedback to bug toolkit.

	i've had a conf call with them, they won't fix it last i
talked to them...  I recommend just opening a case for this now,
either they'll get those people to start doing the right thing with
the tools or shift the cost to someplace that will cause cisco to feel
the pain.. (this is one of my bigger pet peeves, i've given up since
Cisco has not shown that it even *cares* about CCO a single time
to me).

> > (And PLEASE stop opening new browser windows for things like the "bug tool"
> > - no gain, and major annoyance)
>
> Submit the feedback to CCO.

	i gave up after years of feedback to /dev/null

	Someone at cisco that cares about CCO is still welcome to
contact me, but i've expended too much effort trying to add clue to
an org that does not care.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net