[c-nsp] Xwindow session timeout through Pix Firewall

Łukasz Bromirski lbromirski at mr0vka.eu.org
Mon Aug 1 09:39:44 EDT 2005

Alex Foster wrote:

> Probably off topic here - but wondered if anybody on the list has a
> remedy for the following issue:  I have need to permit Xwindows sessions
> through a Pix Cluster (6.2) - but the sessions timeout after an hour of
> inactivity from the Xwindow session (default conn. Timeout is an hour -
> funnily enough).  Other than increasing the conn. Timeout - is there
> another way of configuring either the Xwindow server (using Hummingbird
> exceed here) or the Pix to keep the Xwindow session alive.

If You can't increase idle timeouts, use keepalives for this specific
application.

I'm sure You've already seen that?
http://www.hummingbird.com/support/nc/exceed/exc1003369.html

--
this space was intentionally left blank    |              Lukasz Bromirski
you can insert your favourite quote here   |          lukasz:bromirski,net