[c-nsp] Upgraded to PIX 7.0

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Aug 2 03:29:44 EDT 2005

Adam Maloney <adam at whee.org> writes:

> 3) The automatic config conversion for 7.0 worked almost flawlessly.  All
> of our lan to lan VPN sites worked fine,

 We had problems with lan to lan VPNs after we upgraded a PIX to which
 a few VPNs terminate. People began to complain that their connections
 to for example Windows AD server were interrupted very often. I
 solved this by downgrading the PIX back to 6.3(3). After that I have
 received no complaints from the VPN sites.

 So far, I haven't tried 7.0(2). I checked the release notes and saw
 nothing that would mean that the problem we saw would have been
 fixed. The PIX ran 7.0(1)5 when we were seeing the problems.

 Cheers,

--
- Matti -