[c-nsp] dial-up PRI

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Tue Aug 2 08:39:24 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 10:43, Jean-Christophe
Varaillon wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Jean-Christophe.

> I have a PRI connected to a 7200 router (12.3(6)).
>
> I have 10 accounts to create allowing 10 people from a
> same remote office to dial-in.
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to proceed, to
> avoid configuring 10 dialer interfaces.

Will they be dialing in using ISDN-BRI or standard analog
connections.

If the latter, all you need to do is create a Group-Async
interface on the router, which you then group your async
terminal lines into. Something like so:

interface Group-Async1
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 encapsulation ppp
 async mode dedicated
 peer default ip address pool dial-in-users
 no fair-queue
 ppp authentication pap
 group-range 1 10
!
line 1 10
 modem InOut
 transport input all
 autoselect during-login
 autoselect ppp
!

Of course, the 'group-range' command will depend on how
many async terminal lines you have on the router.

If they will be dialing in using ISDN-BRI:

interface Dialer1
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer in-band
 dialer idle-timeout 0
 dialer-group 1
 peer default ip address pool dial-in-users
 no fair-queue
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication pap callin
 ppp multilink