[c-nsp] Does GRP-B installation require a reboot?

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Wed Aug 3 08:12:38 EDT 2005

Hello,

  I have a Cisco 12008 with a GRP-B in slot 7 running 12.0.(30)S3.
I have a redundant GRP-B sitting in a FedEx truck.  I plan on
installing the redundant GRP in slot 6.  Slot 6 has never had a card
installed in it.  The router has never had redundant GRPs.  Can I
insert the card, have it boot then configure SSO/NSF or should I plan
for a maintenance window and power down, insert, power up the router?

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President