[c-nsp] CCO Password resets

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Aug 3 10:01:20 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 05:54:58AM -0800, RawCode wrote:
> Has this happened to anyone else today? A guy over on NANOG reported
> the same thing, so there must be something going on. I followed the
> procedures via CCO to get my pass reset. Any idea what might be going
> on?

	Ditto my post on nanog (i almost cc:ed cisco-nsp as a fyi)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    * Cisco has determined that Cisco.com password protection has been compromised.
    * As a precautionary measure, Cisco has reset your password. To receive your new password, send a blank e-mail, from the account which you entered upon registration, to cco-locksmith at cisco.com. Account details with a new random password will be e-mailed to you.
    * If you do not receive your new password within five minutes, please contact the Technical Support Center.
    * This incident does not appear to be due to a weakness in Cisco products or technologies.

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net