[c-nsp] 2801 w/ wic-1dsu-t1

Steven Bertsch sbertsch at iaxs.net
Thu Aug 4 13:27:15 EDT 2005

Scott,

I won't tell you that it doesn't work, but just that you'll need a
WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 instead. :)   The list of obsoleted equipment
for the 2800 is pretty large.   Lots of NMs, and several WICs.
However, the list of new cards supported is probably larger.

Also check out the VWIC MFT T1 cards.   I've never had a
problem getting one of these to work on a 2800.   If you're
sourcing the part from eBay or the like, be aware that there
are many counterfeit WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards out there, so
it's best to buy from a trusted vendor.   Not sure if the same
is true for the VWIC MFTs.

You can pick up a VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI which can not only do
two single T1s, but it can also do drop/insert between the
two ports (i.e. voice/data T1 on port 0, peel off 8 channels
for data, and insert 16 onto port 1), or even between cards
if the chassis is mix enabled.

At 11:55 AM 8/4/2005, Voll, Scott wrote:
>Please don't tell me that the wic-1dsu-t1 doesn't work with the new 28xx
>series routers.....  Is it just the IOS?  Or do I have to by a new t1
>card.
>
>THX
>
>Scott

Regards,
Steven Bertsch, System Administrator    Infinity AccessNET
sbertsch at iaxs.net                       Voice 952/944-7123 x161
http://www.iaxs.net/                    Fax   952/944-0115