[c-nsp] Private VLAN questions.

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Aug 4 13:57:10 EDT 2005

On (2005-08-04 13:42 -0400), Matthew Crocker wrote:

>  It looks like ip local-proxy-arp will response with the routers MAC
> address and not the Schools.  I would want Router A to send School Cs
> MAC address to School B when it ARPS for it.  That way when School B
> sends Ethernet frames with School Cs MAC address on the wire the
> DSLAM will switch it directly down to the School C circuit.  Looks
> like with ip local-proxy-arp enabled all traffic will still pass
> through the GigE interface on the router.  I suppose I could just
> hard code MAC address in the schools firewalls but I was trying to
> avoid doing that.

 I don't think that kind of feature exists, since most people in similiar
situation also want ACL, QoS etc to work in predictable manner. What you want
actually looks like 'arp server' of ATM (yes, there are LAN's where all
workstations have ATM cards:).
 In your situation I guess what you really want is L3 IP DSLAM.

--
  ++ytti