[c-nsp] bgp config [continue]

Thu Aug 4 23:14:10 EDT 2005

> He is announcing you his network and this is why you are able to use DS3
> to reach him, but you are only announcing him the default. In his
> routing table he has a more specific path to your network through his
> ISP that is why he uses it. To fix this announce him default and your
> network.
right but the route-map on his end for me has as-path prepends, and my side
still chooses the ds3 regardless, i have tryed putting 10 as 10 times in the
prepend and i get the same thing... same with my provider and there upstream
(as choosing default through me).

> When he starts announcing his network to you, you also propogate this
> announce to GBLX, so they install it into their tables, because his
> network has a shorter path through you, then other paths that they have.
> This is normal, to make the path through you look less preferable, you
> need to announce his network with prepends, number of prepends that will
> do the job may vary.

I'm already doing as-path prepends

~Shaun