[c-nsp] hyperterm and break

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Fri Aug 5 14:32:08 EDT 2005

Randy Bush wrote:
>>Useful hack: save a session at 1200 8-n-1.  1200 baud
>>characters are received as a break by most ciscos.  I
>>use this all the time.
>
> i have had varying luck with this.  helps a bit if what
> i am typing is NUL.  but still it's not always sure. :-(

If the cisco is expecting 9600 baud or better, enough consecutive zero-bits at 1200 baud would present enough line space to look like a break (albeit a snorter-than-RS232-specs one).  So yes, nulls would be good, or perhaps ^A.  Almost makes me want to find a windows laptop and go try it.

Almost :-)

Jeff