[c-nsp] HSRP Question. two routers, two isp's, no bgp (yet)

Joseph Jackson JJackson at nos.com
Sun Aug 7 08:53:00 EDT 2005

Hello All,

            I have two routers with links to different isp's (primary and
backup).  I use the ip address space provide by the primary isp for devices
behind the router its connected too.  I have a pix firewall doing nat behind
both of these routers (connected to a switch).  My question.  Since I use
nat from an ip provide by my primary isp,  when the primary link fails and
the standby hsrp router assumes the virtual ip address (the default gateway
of the pix) how will packets know how to get back to the network?  Does the
standby hsrp router change the source ip address? Do I need to setup nat so
it does do that?  I am only worried about outbound traffic as of this time.

Thanks

Joseph