[c-nsp] questions about IOS XR and SPA

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Mon Aug 8 05:05:24 EDT 2005

For the 6500/7600 platform, I don't imagine their immediate plans are to
use the XR OS. And that's all I'm saying :)

Internet
saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi@puck.nether.net - 08/08/2005 09:52

Sent by:        cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net

To:     cisco-nsp
cc:
Subject:        Re: [c-nsp] questions about IOS XR and SPA

On (2005-08-08 00:03 -0700), Yinglam Cheung wrote:

> 1. is Cisco going to port IOS XR to more platforms like 7600/6500? Even
in the supported list, only CRS and 124xx are there, what about 128xx and
120xx series? is there performance advantages running IOS XR than the
regular IOS?

I don't think anyone can give you definitive answer about IOS XR and
7600/6500 today. General public of course wants it, but then again from
BU's point of view, it's excellent way to justify the premium you pay
for GSR/IOS XR.
12008 and 12016 chassis are supported in 3.2.0 according to the release
notes, but the wording is quite funny, so question remains are the 2.5G
fabrics going to be supported? I'd be extremely surprised if 128xx
wouldn't
support IOS XR soon.
Are you having _performance_ issues with IOS on GSR? If anything, I'd
guess IOS XR takes more cpu cycles to do some thing IOS does, but this
is highly irrelevant from my point of view.

> 2. Does SIP (SPA Interface Processors) for 7600 works in 6500 too?
Within 7600 series, is SIP/SPA available for 7604 only or all 7600 series?
what about supervior requirements, is SUP720 only?

Works in 6500 and 7600 and with older MSFC/PFC also.

--
++ytti

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.