[c-nsp] VLAN based EoMPLS on 7600 (SUP720-3BXL) question

Matt Ryan Matt.Ryan at telewest.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 12:23:06 EDT 2005

We have been testing ethernet pseudo-wires on the 7600 and have noticed that
the VLAN based   pseudo-wires (configured as layer 3 aka 3BXL mode) have the
VLAN ID stripped and re-added at the egress (or at least the .1Q header is
'touched' at the egress). This has resulted in our .1Q priority bits (.1p in
old money) being reset. I've read through the documentation and it seems to
be related to the 'mls qos' stuff. We tested it with 'no mls qos' (the
default) and also played around with 'mls qos' and a number of 'mls qos
trust' interface settings but couldn't find a combination that seemed to
work. On the other hand the documentation is pretty confusing IMHO as it
jumps around between SUP2/OSM/3BXL type configurations which all seems to
have different features/limitations.

Can someone point me in the right direction...

Matt.

Altogether Better
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.