[c-nsp] Can a Cisco 837 terminate a Road warrior VPN?

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Mon Aug 8 20:54:52 EDT 2005

At 03:32 9/08/2005, you wrote:
>You can also do Microsoft L2TP vpns if you have the IPSec feature set.

Yup. Been there. Done that. A little bit of work with config on the Windows
end - annoyingly different for XP and 2K but it does work... Has the
advantage that SecurID et al work correctly.

>Additionally, you can terminate PPTP sessions on the IP only IOS.
>They won't be encrypted, though.

Yeah. I've done that in the past where tunnels were required across a
private network but encryption wasn't necessary...

B.