[c-nsp] 7206 boots from flash disk, but can't dir it?

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Tue Aug 9 18:42:12 EDT 2005

Here's a weird one.  I have a 7206 non-VXR running IOS 12.2.29.  The
IOS it boots is on a 256 MB CF card with a PCMCIA flash disk adapter.

The router boots successfully, and uses the expected image on the CF
card.  But when I do "dir disk0:", it says:

   Router#dir disk0:
   Directory of disk0:/

   No files in directory

   255787008 bytes total (0 bytes free)

If I yank and re-insert the PCMCIA-to-CF adapter, this happens:

   Aug  9 18:27:52: %FILESYS-5-DEV: PCMCIA flash card removed from slot0
   Aug  9 18:27:57: %FILESYS-5-DEV: PCMCIA flash card inserted into slot0

And then "dir disk0" gives me the expected results
   Router#dir disk0:
   Directory of disk0:/

   [... list of files ...]

   255787008 bytes total (123207680 bytes free)

This began happening after I booted the router with a 12.4T image
and reverted back to 12.2.29.

Any ideas why this is happening, and how to fix it?  I don't mind yanking
the cards manually for my local routers, but even with a 4km tongue it's
a bit hard to push that eject button remotely.

	-- Ed