[c-nsp] PPPoe Access Concetrators

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristo at ipf.is
Thu Aug 11 13:13:35 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Does anybody has real-life experience with 2800 in this role ?
> I'm planning to test 2800 as an pppoe concentrator and wish to
> know how much traffic/sessions it will be able to handle..

I know of one place using a 2821 (if I remember correctly) aggregating
about ~ 300 users without any significant load.

That's plain PPPoE, though, no L2TP.  Trafficwise, you should be fine
with 40-100 Mbit/s, depending on your specific model.

<http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

--
Kristófer Sigurðsson           Tel: +354 414 1600
Netrekstur/Network Operations  IP Fjarskipti ehf.