[c-nsp] ip mtu - omitted on 3750

Aivars aivars at ml.lv
Fri Aug 12 10:02:10 EDT 2005

We have had the same problem and even opened a TAC case for that. The
answer was that ip mtu was an unsupported command and it was not
supported in hardware. The suggestions were to use ip mtu ignore for
ospf on other devices in ospf domain or "system mtu jumbo". Jumbo does
not rise not rise ip mtu but affects only gigabit interfaces. None of
the suggested compleatly solves the issue and the case is still open.

Aivars