[c-nsp] 3550 cef issue

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Aug 12 21:13:26 EDT 2005

Is "sh ip cef inconsistency now" supposed to work on the 3550-48 EMI
platform?  We had one of our 3550s freak out today in a way that I've seen
in the past on 7500s when cef failed.  i.e. the switch refused to forward
packets to certain destinations (terminated on L3 ports on the switch)
from certain sources, while those destinations were reachable from the
internet in general and the sources and destinations were all reachable
from the switch (ping/traceroute/telnet worked).  The above command found
nothing wrong.  Rebooting cleared the problem.