[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Sun Aug 14 09:16:14 EDT 2005

Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> I'm really at a loss. Short of putting in a different brand of mux (which
> I can do) I'm not sure what else I can do. I have a Carrier Access Wide
> Bank 28 and a Telco Systems Edgelink 100 sitting on the shelf.

Why not try a different brand of mux?  You'll make a lot more changes to
router configurations over the life of the mux than you will to the mux.

> I'm actually at the point where I am investigating moving to Imagestream
> or Juniper gear, as I'm about disgusted w/ Cisco.

What if it's the fault of the Adtran mux?  Is it fair to blame Cisco for
that?

I deal with ~40 Adtran MX2820s, some of which go to PA-MC-2T3+ cards.
MX2820 isn't the same as MX2800 (7xDS3 vs. 1xDS3, and if I understand
correctly it's completely different hardware), but I'm having the same
problems as you on muxes that are particularly close to the PA.  The
problem appeared when we swapped out the CAC WideBank 28s for the Adtran
MX2820, so hence my thinking that the problem is in the mux.

And yes, I'd try a longer piece of cable.

pt