[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Robert E.Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sun Aug 14 16:54:37 EDT 2005

Pete Templin <petelists at templin.org> writes:

> I deal with ~40 Adtran MX2820s, some of which go to PA-MC-2T3+ cards.
> MX2820 isn't the same as MX2800 (7xDS3 vs. 1xDS3, and if I understand
> correctly it's completely different hardware), but I'm having the same
> problems as you on muxes that are particularly close to the PA.  The
> problem appeared when we swapped out the CAC WideBank 28s for the Adtran
> MX2820, so hence my thinking that the problem is in the mux.

Sidebar regarding the CAC M13 muxes: Everyone I know who uses 'em
loves 'em, and they retain pretty high value on the secondary market,
which suggests that this is not an isolated phenomenon.

Did you like your WideBank 28s?  I am realistic enough to realize that
there are good reasons (spares standardization, etc) to swap out
working hardware that you like in favor of something that is the same
as the rest of your network...

                                        ---Rob