[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Aug 15 09:25:13 EDT 2005

Matt Addison wrote:
> One problem you may run into with the 15454s is VT matrix desnity, on
> the XC-VT cards you only get 24 STS ports (DS3 equiv) into the VT1.5
> cross connect matrix which gives you 336 DS1/VT1.5 cross connects
> assuming perfect grooming. And DS3XM6 cards are still quite expensive.
>
> But it definitely makes moves/adds/changes a LOT easier, plus you may be
> able to save costs with some of your vendors by bringing circuits in on
> fiber vs. copper.

Considering we get circuits from vendors as DS3, mux almost all of them
down to DS1 and break them out to DSX, then mux them back to DS3 to
enter our DACS and/or router (oh, and voice circuits coming out of the
DACS go back to DS1 because our voice switch doesn't accept DS3),
anything would be better for DS1 mapping.  We've got typically six racks
of DSX panels, and the dependency on a site staffer to do cross-connects
is not fun.

pt