[c-nsp] 2900 series switches loosing ports

McLean Pickett McLean.Pickett at ptgcorp.com
Mon Aug 15 10:26:19 EDT 2005

Show post nailed it:
switch2#sh post
POST FAILED: FastEthernet0/9 failed front-end loopback test
POST FAILED: FastEthernet0/10 failed front-end loopback test
POST FAILED: FastEthernet0/11 failed front-end loopback test
POST FAILED: FastEthernet0/12 failed front-end loopback test
switch1#

Thanks,
McLean

Assuming the ports have failed before that last boot, I would think show
post should work.  I don't know what you would see prior to a reboot and
subsequent POST.

show post
POST FAILED: FastEthernet0/9 failed front-end loopback test POST FAILED:
FastEthernet0/10 failed front-end loopback test POST FAILED:
FastEthernet0/11 failed front-end loopback test POST FAILED:
FastEthernet0/12 failed front-end loopback test

Cory

Show
> version says that they have 19 and 20 fast ethernet interfaces
> respectively (instead of 24). Looking at the front LED's on the units
> there are 5 and 4 interfaces with an amber status light. Devices
> connected to these ports are never seen by the switch.
>
> I am OK with the idea that some ports are failing, but I would like to

> find a way to conclusively identify which ports have failed without
have
> to physically look at the switches.
>
> I can find any commands that will tell me that the ports have failed.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> McLean
>
> switch1#sh ver
> Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C2900XL Software

> (C2900XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)WC2,
RELEASE