[c-nsp] PPPoe Access Concetrators

Arie Vayner arievayner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:13:58 EDT 2005

You have to take into account that the number of sessions you can
really handle depends on the pps rate per session... If it's dial up
low-speed then marketing numbers are correct, but as the pps rate goes
up (broadband service) the concurrent sessions number goes down.
I have seen 7301's running 4000+ sessions for broadband services in production.

Arie