[c-nsp] best way to announce ibgp routes

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Tue Aug 16 13:34:59 EDT 2005

I'm tossing around two ideas to announce my ibgp routes and I'm not sure on
the pro/cons of either.  Look for recommendations.

I have several "border" routers that connect to the Internet which are in turn
connected to several "core" routers.  Customers hang off the core.  All
routers run bgp and ospf.

A. Do I initiate ibgp routes from the core with nailed up statics and
appropriate network statements?

B. Do I initiate ibgp routes on the borders with appropriate network
statements and depend on IGP to get me the routes (with sync on)?

--
matthew zeier - "Curiosity is a willing, a proud, an eager confession
of ignorance." - Leonard Rubenstein