[c-nsp] best way to announce ibgp routes

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Aug 16 16:09:41 EDT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, matthew zeier wrote:

>>  I'd initiate IBGP routes from the borders and make the core routers
>>  reflector clients, but avoid synchronization.  It's also a good idea to
>>  use peer-groups to minimize the number of individual sessions you have to
>>  build on each router.
>
> Initiate from the borders with static routes too?

You can use conditional announcements to help routers disengage BGP if
their interior links go belly-up.

Synchronization is often problematic in a service provider environment
because you don't want your IGP (OSPF, EIGRP, etc) to be in the business
of carrying (e|i)BGP routes if it can be avoided.

jms