[c-nsp] 12.2SXF?

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Wed Aug 17 18:03:14 EDT 2005

> In the general IOS naming process rebuilds are kept to bugfix
> only.
>
> I'm no sure if SE deviates from that or not.

For the past year or so, the 'DSBU software' (3550, 2970, 3560,
3750) has gotten new features with each new letter (like SEA ->
SEB -> SEC).

The bugfix-only rebuilds are marked with a number *after* the
letters (like SEB2, SEB3).

Prior to this they used only the maintenance number (like
12.2(18)SE -> 12.2(20)SE -> 12.2(25)SE), so I guess you could
say they've gotten more in line with the C6K software.

Now, if only the C4K people would do the same thing...

-A