[c-nsp] 12.2SXF?

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:51:54 EDT 2005

On 8/17/05, Bruce Pinsky <bep at whack.org> wrote:
> > Now, if only the C4K people would do the same thing...
>
> Now, they had to change because at the time there was no release beyond
> 12.2(20)S for them to sync with and introduce their new features.  The only
> option to introduce those new features was to follow the 12.2SX model of
> incrementing the trailing, third letter.

This makes sense, thanks for the feedback, everyone. It'd be really
nice if the release diagram would be updated w/ these -- ie, will
(27)SE (or (30)SE) supercede (25)SEC, along with (25)EW replacing
(20)EWA?

Overall I'm glad for the confusion, as it would seem to be a side
effect of the base release of 'switch IOS' trains being kept current.
Just hoping the 2950 gets bumped to 12.2SE before too long.