[c-nsp] CBAC - SIP & MSN Messenger

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Thu Aug 18 04:43:42 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:32:25PM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:
> I actually have a TAC case open on this issue but not getting very far.
> They pointed me to that whitepaper which I had already read and told the
> guy at Cisco that is just simple doesn't work.... So why?  No answer
> yet....

hi paul.

if you read the white paper and studies the 'port-misuse' command a
bit more closely, you will notice that the only instant messaging application
supported in 12.3(14)t is yahoo! messenger.

port-misuse command description:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123t/123t_14/gt_fwapc.htm#wp1069649

if someone more than i had problems accessing the white paper,
removing "/partner" from the url does the trick.

so, probably tac is a bit misinformed as well :-| you can always file
a feature request, and hope it will get implemented before 12.5 ;-)

--

Regards, Per Carlson

Mosher's Law of Software Engineering:
"Don't worry if it doesn't work right.  If everything did, you'd
be out of a job."