[c-nsp] Quick IOS security check

Jean-Christophe Varaillon jcvaraillon at dolnet.gr
Fri Aug 19 06:02:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a list of the 100 Cisco devices that we have on our network with
their corresponding IOS.

I am looking for a quick way to see which device should be upgraded due
to IOS security issues (not bug issues).

From
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/products_security_advisorie
s_listing.html, we have the list of security issues, but, manually, it
would take very long to see which of the 100 devices has vulnerabilities
and should be upgraded.

Is there any tool available from Cisco site where I would enter the IOS
string name and where it would give me the list of vulnerabilities and
the recommended IOS upgrade?

Would CiscoWorks be of any help to achieve this quick security check?

Any comments/suggestions are welcome!

Thank you,

Christophe