[c-nsp] Firewall Recommendations

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Sat Aug 20 06:54:10 EDT 2005

> Huh, I'd say they are cowards not because they won't forbid it
> unilaterally, but rather because they won't allow it
> unilaterally and tell
> managers to simply manage their people.

That was the can of worms I've been struggling to resist opening while
reading this thread.  If employees are goofing off to the point where their
work is impacted, that's an people management issue, not an IT one.  There
are plenty of ways to avoid work in an office without any internet
connectivity at all ;)

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876