[c-nsp] Firewall Recommendations

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristo at ipf.is
Sun Aug 21 10:03:06 EDT 2005

>> Huh, I'd say they are cowards not because they won't forbid it
>> unilaterally, but rather because they won't allow it
>> unilaterally
>
> Why would you allow something in a business that is completely
> useless and has absolutely no business value whatsoever?

Rather - why would you forbid it, if it's not a problem, that is.

I, for one, use Microsoft's MSN network extensively at work.  Most of my
communications with our local Cisco partner are done through it (quicker
than picking up the phone and less intrusive).  Also, I use it for quick
Interactions with ISPs using our xDSL system, very useful for quick,
interactive communications while still giving a chance to paste short logs
snips, e-mail addresses etc.  I also use it to communicate with our tech
support guys (beats having them barge in with those goddamn post-it's).  In
fact, for larger clients, we have a special MSN address that automatically,
upon starting a conversation, maps it to an available support engineer.

--
Kristofer