[c-nsp] Router TCP ports

Cheung, Rick Rick.Cheung at nextelpartners.com
Mon Aug 22 09:38:49 EDT 2005

	Hi, folks, I have a 2620 running 12.3.13 with the IPSec/FW/IDS
feature set. Doing a port scan against the router, I notice in addition
to 22, ports 2065, 4065, 6065, 9065 open as well.

	This is with "transport input ssh" configured on the VTYs. When
I telnet to the router, it resets the connection, as expected. Oddly
enough, telnetting to the router on 2065, 4065, and 6065 reveals the
login banner, and the username prompt, but it does not allow any input,
and it times out within five seconds. Telnetting to port 9065, the
router completes the three way handshake, but immediately resets the
connection; no login prompt.

	I'm just curious as to what those ports are. Anyone know?

	A 2811 running 12.4.T2 Advanced IP Security also has high
numbered ports open: 2001, 4001, 6001, 9001. It exhibits the same
behavior as with the 2620.

Thanks,
Rick Cheung
NPI IT Wan Analyst
585-350-2097 (Desk)
178*1*2097 (DAP)

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific
individual and purpose and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.
You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this email. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.