[c-nsp] ipv6 vrf ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Wed Aug 24 07:42:33 EDT 2005

Hi!

Looks like Cisco does not supports ipv6 l3vpn's ?
And, moreover, when you configure ipv6 address on some vrf-forwarded
interface, corresponding ipv6 route get entered into global ipv6 routing
table, so interface lost its isolation...

I found it while configuring ipv6 address in vrf-forwarded
interface, and when i tried to test connectivity - my ipv6 traffic
got routed over 'global' ipv6 table. And replies returned back
ignoring the fact that this interface belongs to vrf...

Router is c6500/sup2/msfc2 equipped with osm-4ge-wan, 12.2(17d)SXB8,
vrf interface is on OSM subinterface. Configuration is pretty simple:

int ge-wan x/y.z
 encap dot z
 ip vrf forwarding XXXXX
 ip address .....
 ipv6 address .....

Is this platform or ios limitation ? And, is this feature planned
to be supported ? And, what about mpls/bgp ipv6 vpn's ?

PS: my reasons to have vrf-forwarded ipv6 is pretty simple: i'm just
starting to test ipv6, and trying to keep the same topology for ip and
ipv6 networks.