[c-nsp] I need ACL management tool

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Wed Aug 24 15:29:28 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 04:00:55PM -0300, Diego de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Is anyone aware some tool that provide management ACLs in Cisco Routers??
> I?m looking for a GUI interface for this tool.

It depends what you mean by "management".  Telconi Terminal is a nice GUI
Cisco configuration editor that includes ACL editing in some versions:

   http://telconi.com/roadmap.html

And if you don't need a GUI, then try out 'aclmaker', a command-line
tool that lets you use your favorite editor to create ACLs and
automatically push them to the router.  It also checks for syntax
errors and and applies ACLs atomically onto an interface so that
you don't accidentally lock out your session.  That's available at:

  http://cosi-nms.sourceforge.net/alpha-progs.html

along with a whole bunch of other useful Cisco-ish tools.