[c-nsp] Cisc07206 VXR fast ethernet ports

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Wed Aug 24 21:21:14 EDT 2005

Rodney,

At 01:09 PM 8/24/2005, you wrote:

> > >there isn't a GIGE PA for a 75xx. The only GIG option for a 75xx
> > >is the full height GEIP boards (one Vip2-50 based the other VIP4-80
> based).
> >
> > We have both, full height GEIP and GIGE PA on 7513 and it is working.
>
>Ok good. But what you have in slot1 isn't suported. You can't have
>a FE and a GIGE in the same slot on the 75xx.

Ok, I see. Maybe because of that it created the problem. Is that caused a
problem? What you think?

> > >Can you please remove slot1 and recreate the problem with just slot2
> > >in the chassis?
> >
> > You mean to remove GIGE PA? Unfortunately I can't.
> > Because we have already sent back those PA-2FE-TX cards
> > to the reseller and asking them to change those.
>
>Ok. I meant the entire slot1 because that slot is not supported as
>I explained above.

Since I already sent those cards back, I can't test it right now. And my
reseller is asking me what to do. Because they can't recreate the problem.
What do you recommend? Should I accept back those cards and test it again
putting on different slot and removing GIGE PA ?
In that case I might loose 2-3 weeks or even if those cards are faulty I
might loose more than 1 month.
I appreciate if you can give me some advise on it.

> > >Can you open a TAC case and ask them to attach it to  CSCsa50332?
> >
> > Should I do it now? Or should we wait those cards ?
>
>We need a system that is seeing the problem to open the case on
>so we can try to debug it. Preferrably a lab recreate.

We don't have lab here and even we had we didn't have those  cards.

> > >What type of traffic were you sending and at what loads?
> >
> > Traffic is very low, it is less than 10mb.
>
>Ok, on all ports and what was the traffic profile mostly?
>Between the FE ports on the same card? To/from the Serial ports
>on the same card? or to/from other ports on other cards?

Traffic was between FE ports on the same card and between FE and GIGE PA.

> > >I'm going to try it in the lab again.

Did you find something?

> > Please let me know if you find something.
> > Rodney I have one more question. Is it possible to change hardware and
> > board revisions?
> > Maybe I'm asking impossible question. Please let me know.
>
>All new cards ordered from Cisco will have the new board revisions.
>
>It's pretty impossible for an RMA to be done to get a specific board
>rev because if there is a bad problem with them they are purged from
>the depos and replinished with the newer board revs anyway. Or at least
>that is the goal.

OK.
Please let know if you find something and advise us what to do with those
modules.

thanks,

Ganbold