[c-nsp] Basic config for QoS/Shaping for VoIP on Cisco 1700

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Mon Aug 29 09:18:54 EDT 2005

Hey guys,

I'm not strong on QoS or VoIP, especially QoS for VoIP ;-)

I have a Customer with a 1700 series router which they are using for voice
and normal traffic.  It is a 512K SHDSL connection.

Basically they just want to make sure that 64k or 128k is guaranteed for
voice at all times and if there is no voice then anything can do whatever,
but if a call initiates, then the other traffic is scaled back and cannot
override the voice traffic.

I presume with everyone on this list that someone would have a template
which would allow me to quickly put this to bed.

Skeeve Stevens, RHCE     Email: skeeve at skeeve.org
Website: www.skeeve.org  - Telephone: (0414) 753 383
Address: P.O Box 1035, Epping, NSW, 1710, Australia

eIntellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net