[c-nsp] Problem interface

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Aug 30 01:50:04 EDT 2005

Good luck but our experience with band-aiders like this is they will
smile and nod, and do nothing until something melts down, then
they will run around frantically throwing money at the problem
until they have constructed the next bandaid.

Your trying to make a technical argument but all they are hearing
is "whah whah whah whah spend money whah whah whah whah"

You need a professional salesperson in that doesen't know a lot about
networking, who is really good at lying through his teeth and
constructing
elaborate and impossible doomsday scenarios and getting them to
believe they are imminent.  No offense meant to any sales engineers
on the audience, but every once in a while you will run across a
client that is so clueless that it is simply better for the engineering
staff
to stay away from any sales presentations, and try not to think of what
is being said during them.

Ted