[c-nsp] 802.1Q-in-Q info req

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Tue Aug 30 05:40:30 EDT 2005

> does anyone knows if a Cisco7200 support Q-in-Q (stacked vlan)? By the
> way: is there a link to the document that define the 802.1Q-in-Q
> standard?

Yes, but you'll need 12.3(T). See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feat
ure_guide09186a00801f0f4a.html

I don't have a link to the standard handy, but the link above does have a
little technical section on what double-tagged frames are supposed to look
like, as well as the usual 'how to configure it' parts.

I've only deployed it in a handful of places, but it seems fairly
problem-free.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876